- Investment Advisers
- Broker Dealers
- Product Demos
Either the SEC or the state where a firm maintains its principal office will be an advisor’s primary regulator.
Federally Covered Advisors
Firms that are registered with the SEC are required to notice file in states where they have physical locations and may be required to be notice filed in states where they have clients.
State Licensed Advisors
Registration requirements are triggered by the number of clients and the firm’s physical locations.
An entity that acts solely as an advisor to a private fund or funds and has assets under management in the United States of $150 million will have the SEC as its primary regulator. An entity with less than $150 million will be subject to the registration requirements of the state or states where they have physical locations and investors.
Business Compliance Partners takes care of the entire registration process from start to finish. We also provide draft client contracts and a Written Policies and Procedures manual. Package priced services include:
- - Gathering information about you and your business plans
- - Obtaining IARD/CRD system entitlement
- - Drafting and submitting ADV Part 1, Parts 2A and 2B
- - Drafting and submission of U4s for each registered person
- - Preparing sample client agreements
- - Written Supervisory Procedures Template
- - Drafting and submitting state specific affidavits and financial statements (when required)
- - Drafting and submitting investment advisor registration cover letters with required responses to registration questions
- - Responding to requests for additional information
- - Monitoring of the approval process and advising when actual registration approval is received